This recipe, like most sweet treats I make, came together because I just didn’t have the ingredients in to make what I wanted to originally! This is super easy and is made from normal ingredients which you can easily pick up in your local supermarket, so no excuses for not making them! It’s also vegan and gluten free so perfect for anyone!
2 cups dates
1 cup nuts (I used pecans!)
3 tbsp cacao powder
1 tsp stevia drops in caramel flavour (I got mine from Sukrin)
1 ripe banana
Pinch of salt
- If your dates are hard, put them in a bowl with a little water and put in the microwave for 20/30 seconds to soften slightly
- Add all ingredients to a processor and blend until mixed together, this doesn’t have to be completely pureed… it’s all down to personal preference
- At this point if you need to add a little bit of water to bring it together then do, I added a couple of tablespoons
- Tip into a freezable dish and flatten down then freeze for a couple of hours
- Chop up and serve (trying not to eat all of them at once!)
As always, tag me in any recreations – hope you enjoy!