Salmon has got to be by far one of my favourite foods, smoked salmon with scrambled eggs is a firm favourite brunch but I also love having salmon for lunch and dinner too! It can be an expensive thing to buy but it is so full of omega 3’s, protein and other vitamins so I really think it’s worth splashing out a little here. I often find if you buy a big pack (I think tesco often sell a whole or half side of salmon which works out cheaper than just buying 2 fillets in a pack.. so there are definitely ways of reducing the expense!)
These burgers are also packed with a range of good for you foods such as ginger, garlic and lemon – not to mention that because there are so many delicious flavours you don’t need to add tonnes of seasoning and the rest of your meal can be nice and simple! Depending on when you plan to eat you can serve with a simple salad, rice, sweet potato wedges or greens, or a combination of all of those.
Ingredients (serves 2)
- 2 salmon fillets
- Juice of half a lemon
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp ginger
- 1/2 tsp chilli
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 tbsp Coconut Aminos (or soy sauce)
- 1 cup sweetcorn
- 1 small bunch of spring onions, finely sliced
- Coriander – add as much of this as you like depending on how you feel about it, I just used a small bunch, chop this finely!
- In your food processor, add in all ingredients apart from the coriander, sweetcorn and spring onions and blitz for about a minute until the mix resembles a fine paste
- Add the coriander, sweetcorn and spring onion and mix into the rest with a fork then split into four evenly sized burgers. To shape them, run your hand under a tap and handle them whilst your hands are wet to help them into a nice burger shape.
- If baking, set the oven to 180 degrees, spray the burgers with a little spray oil on each side and place on a lined baking sheet and bake for about 10 minutes until cooked through
- If frying, heat up a frying pan and melt in some coconut oil, fry the burgers for 5-6 minutes a side until the outsides are crispy and the insides are cooked through.