Breakfast loaves are an absolute favourite of mine, mainly because it feels like you’re having cake for breakfast – and who doesn’t love cake? They are also really easy to make at the weekend and store in some Tupperware for breakfast on the go, and you can mix it up and top slices with your favourite things to keep it interesting. Have I sold it to you yet?
This recipe came out on a weekend with my favourite girls as we just threw in everything we could find and it turned out pretty delicious. So I set out to make it again and wrote down the ingredients so I could share it with you all – some of these ingredients could easily be swapped out for whatever else you have in the house so it’s a really versatile recipe and sure to impress anyone (if you’re willing to share it that is…)
200g egg whites
2 tbsp. dessicated coconut
1 tsp baking powder
1 sachet/scoop coconut whey protein
Juice of half a lemon
3 tbsp. coconut flour
100ml cashew milk (or other non-dairy alternative)
2 tbsp. nut butter
100g frozen raspberries
- Mix together all ingredients apart from the raspberries and milk, mix well until all lumps have gone
- Gradually add milk, you want quite a runny cake mixture but it is worth adding the mix gradually to see how much has been soaked in by the coconut flour, keep adding gradually until you have the desired consistency
- Finally mix in the raspberries until well distributed
- Tip into a lined loaf tin and even out the top
- Cook at 150 degrees for an hour or until the top has gone golden brown and a knife comes out clean
- Transfer to a cooling rack then slice and enjoy!
What are your favourite loaf fillings? Let me know if you try it!